Monday, October 25, 2010

Protein Pancakes

These are soooo good! They are still in the experimenting stage, but until I get them the way I want them, this is what I'm making and it works. They fill me up and taste great!

Protein Pancakes
1/4 to 1/2 cup almond milk
4 egg whites (beat until frothy)
1/4 cup or 30 grams protein powder
(click on link above for the protein that I buy. I love this stuff!!! It is unsweetened, so I can make into anything I want!)
1/4 to 1/2 cup Oatmeal (how much you add really doesn't make a huge difference, just adds more volume)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 small packet or 1 teaspoon Stevia in the Raw or any other low cal sweetener.
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2-3 teaspoons baking powder (add a little more if they aren't very fluffy)

Beat eggs until frothy, whisk in almond milk, set aside. Mix together dry ingredients. Pour into wet ingredients and whisk only until mixed well. Set aside a few minutes until batter thickens a little. Use a large skillet and pour into pan when hot. Cook on a medium low temp as the egg white can burn quickly. They will puff up, wait until the pancakes "jiggles" (haha) and then flip. Use a large spatula. Makes 2 large pancakes.

No comments: