Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Emotional Eating

I'm not gonna lie...eating right will always be a struggle for me. These last couple of weeks, I've been in a weird depression funk. The only thing that makes me feel better is chocolate. It's just down right awful. Dang that comfort food! I'm trying to figure out what I can do to remedy this...any suggestions?

In the meantime, I'm getting out all the winter crafts (and I don't consider myself crafty, but it keeps my hands busy), checking out new books from the library, Zumba (fun!), researching other ways to fix my sweet tooth with things like Chocolate Almond Milk with a drop or two of mint extract, bugging my neighbor for some good herbal tea blends, etc.

I'm so ready for summer.

2 comments:

Nancy Bair said...

Sugar Free Hot Cocoa with teh nonfat creamer that is hazelnut flavored is a good deterent for me.

Also, Sudoku. It has saved my life. When I get feeling like I can't wait another second, I get a huge glass of water and I get out my Sudoku book (which I keep in my pantry) and I do a puzzle. If I am still hungry after, then I'll give in, but usually I'm not.

Eating while watching TV is the hard one for me. I just started getting out the lotion and putting it on my feet and hands while watching to keep me busy. After that, I'm out of ideas!

Oh, and the thing about chocolate, for me at least, is the more I eat, the more I want. kicking the craving is the WORST!! Good luck!!

Amy said...

I'm right there with you. I was so motivated Jan 1st (or actually Jan 3rd) to get back to eating right and it has been a tough month for me. The weeks I did eat better it didn't show on the scale and then I get discouraged and so of course I go back to eating like crap. Do you struggle eating good on the weekends. I've told myself that its okay to have one day (usually Saturday) to have a day off but it usually turns out to be Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. Any ideas? I think your amazing and I love to check out your blog. Thanks for you inspiration! We REALLY should get together!