Friday, January 9, 2009

Simply Veggies

I love veggies! Even though it is the dead of winter, you can still make some of the yummiest 'summer' concoctions and dream of warmer weather! I made this simple salad today, I got it from Food Network, gotta love Rachel Ray. I omitted the onion, because I didn't have a good sweet onion. My camera is on the fritz, so no picture :(

Veggie Salad

3 small tomatoes (firm, not over ripe)
1 large green pepper
2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
salt
pepper

Cut tomatoes in half and then slice. Cut the peppers in half, then cut in half again and slice. Combine in a small bowl. Top with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to marinade. Serves 2 large portions or 4 smaller portions. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Sounds easy and good! And even though my kids are picky eaters, sometimes when I get excited about something, I laugh about their refusing to try something so good!!