Monday, March 30, 2009

Bean & Cheese Enchilada's

I love this recipe because it is so easy! You can also add meat if you'd like :)

Bean & Cheese Enchilada's

2 cans refried beans (unless your ambitious and want to make your own refried beans, which I do...recipe will be below)
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (click on this for my recipe of taco seasoning)
1/2 cup salsa
1-2 cups Mexican cheese mix
12 tortillas
1 small can mild enchilada sauce (red)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix refried beans, taco seasoning and salsa, warm through. In a 9x13 inch baking dish spray with nonstick cooking spray or put a couple of spoonfuls of enchilada sauce on the bottom. Fill each tortillas with a spoonful or two of beans and a sprinkle cheese over it. Fold tortilla and place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with each tortilla. When finished pour enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas (down the middle). Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with sour cream, salsa, and sprouts (my fav!) Enjoy!

Refried Beans

3 cups chicken, beef, vegetable stock (for more flavor) OR water
3/4 cup pinto bean flour (add more flour if you want thicker beans)
2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning
Salsa (optional)

Bring water or broth to a boil, quickly whisk in bean flour. It doesn't matter if it is clumpy, the clumps will cook out and it just adds to the refried bean texture! Turn heat off or on low, add seasoning and cook for a few minutes until thick. You may add salsa as well!

5 comments:

Samurai Mom said...

Yikes, taco seasoning link doesn't work

Lynette said...

Thank you so much for posting all this!! I have been wondering how to make tortillas because I have had a very hard time finding some that are actually good for you!! This is just what I need!! Now I need to have the courage to try it!! All the recipes look yummy!! I found another recipe for granola that called for wheat bran. I didn't know what it was and had to ask where to find it at the store. I was wondering if you could do a post on wheat. What is the difference between wheat flour, wheat bran, sprouted wheat, wheat germ. Which is most nutritious? Are they all different ways of eating the same grain? Just curious and I knew you would probably know.

Jenny said...

Thanks Kylene, I fixed it :)

Lynette...great idea! I will post all of that soon ;)

Samurai Mom said...

do you grind your own bean flour?

Jenny said...

Yes I do grind my own bean flour :)