Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chocolate (and yes MORE) Chocolate Cookies


Who says something sweet can't be sort of healthy. You can take any recipe and change parts of it to make it healthier! The problems comes with so many substitutions that the recipe doesn't work. I remember making Pumpkin Pie one year and substituting Apple Juice Concentrate (I use this in my muffins) and it obviously was the most disgusting ever! My husband still makes fun of me about that...but hey, I like to make things healthier?! It will take some failures to make something successful. I love this recipe and it is actually is adapted from another recipe I found in a Chocolate cookbook given to me from a compilation made by women in my Mother-in-Law's ward. I hope you enjoy...these are my husbands favorites!
Chocolate Chocolate Cookies
2 cubes butter
2 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
1/2 c. Hershey's cocoa
1/3 c. dark chocolate chips
1/3 c. milk chocolate chips
Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Sift flour and cocoa gradually. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into 1" balls. Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes. Better slightly undercooked (they are very soft).

2 comments:

The Jessee Journal said...

I agree -- it can be tricky to healthify baked goods, but once you do it is great! Granted I have served up plenty of dry and crumbly cookies in the experimentation process :)

Stephanie said...

hey where is the marshmallow??
i will have to try this one! thanks!